Welcome to Amitabh's Bio.
I am a y/o Engineer.
I'm a curator of beliefs (some might call, superstitions). Every now and then when I stumble upon something mind-boggling, I update this list. So far, I have the following:
- Money can buy happiness, if you're in academia.
- Chicken came before egg. (unicellular organisms -> multi-cell organisms --- (evolution & development of reproductive organs) ---> chicken -> eggs)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_history_of_life, also see: Goldilock's Conditions for life.
- The secret of happiness is 'free food'.
- The true purpose of life is: Reproduction; everything else is secondary (my approach to this conclusion is purely 'survival', not Hedonism).
- Coffee must have no sugar. If God intended coffee to be sweet, he wouldn't have made cocoa beans bitter. :P
- Quantum Mechanics is easier than classical mechanics. (It is! QM is a linear theory whereas, CM is non-linear.)
- Twitter is better. Why? https://twitter.com/michael_nielsen/status/975884635535101952
- It's highly unlikely that intelligent life (besides human race) exists in the universe. See: Drake Equation, Fermi Paradox (https://arxiv.org/abs/1806.02404)
- Life can be Quantized (just needs to be figured out how).
- The concept of Jugaad (ad-hoc fix) is really harmful (in any/every situation). Must be avoided.
- Tabs over spaces. Vim over Emacs. Windows/Linux over MacOS.
- Your body's mass is not due to the Higgs field/Higgs Boson, nor the total sum of mass of all the atoms making your body would come equal to your body's mass. (The reason is pretty cool. btw, it's because of vacuum. Check this out: https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/where-does-mass-come-from)
- If you want to uncover the mystery of "how life came about...", explore Jupiter. All the answer is there. (It's true. Ask me, and I'll tell you about it in person. You can read about Jupiter here too: https://history.nasa.gov/SP-349/ch1.htm)
- Love and Principles, must always be higher up in the hierarchy of social and personal construct.
- 'Maybe' it is possible to 'cure' growing old. (Forget science. I'm just thinking about healthy living.)
- The universe down to it's constituents of particles; and life down to it's individual cells is just an extremely complex engineering project.
- We 'probably' will never make a machine that takes us 'back' in time. (Forget relativity, I'm just thinking based on intuition derived from philosophical and scientific works - such as, https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/time-travel/ )
p.s. If you want me to start talking for hours without a breath, ask me about The Big Freeze theory or the great epic, Mahabharat.. ;)